Physiotherapy treatments and services Bolton,
At Apex Physiotherapy we offer a range of services and treatments, tailored to an individual’s specific needs and circumstances.
We work with both NHS and private clients, as well as health insurance companies.
Personal injury lawyers and insurance companies must consider rehabilitation at the beginning of every claim in order for rehabilitation to be most effective for the patient, and cost effective for the insurer. Any delay in assessment or intervention may result in a delay in a return to work. At Apex Physiotherapy we provide immediate, easy and cost-effective access to assessment and treatment in order to rehabilitate our patients as quickly and effectively as possible.
We liaise directly with personal injury lawyers and provide comprehensive medical-legal reports. We use our experience, knowledge and skills to provide individual return-to-work programmes using a holistic approach.
Musculoskeletal Injury (MSK)
We see many soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries and generally spend more time with the patient than any other healthcare professionals. As a result, we can provide comprehensive and realistic feedback and reports concerning the degree of disability and rehabilitation expected.
An initial assessment is produced within 2 working days and will include:
- A detailed summary of the musculoskeletal injury highlighting any areas of concern.
- The amount of functional disability with reference to the patient's day-to-day activities.
- A diagnosis and prognosis of the patient's condition including realistic rehabilitation goals and patient expectation.
- Advice regarding referral to other health professionals where necessary.
Ergonomics and Work-Related Injury
Apex Physiotherapy is keen to establish partnerships with local businesses to help them manage one of the biggest causes of absence from work. Injuries at work can cause pain and loss of movement. This can lead to reduced productivity, increased absence, and temporary or permanent disability. Common causes may include:
- Repetitive or forceful movements.
- Moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Poor workstation or equipment set up.
- Poor posture.
- Exposure to vibration.
Evidence shows that the longer a person is off work the less likely they are to return. Apex Physiotherapy is able to provide workstation assessments and recommendations and provide early access to an assessment and continued treatment. We can also provide a physical activity plan to encourage physical activity, good posture and self-management strategies for both the home and the workplace.
Golf Injury and Technique Assessment
We can help to address postural issues and to develop techniques to help with swing strengthening.
We provide sport-specific training advice and general fitness programmes for continued rehabilitation and development. Apex Physiotherapy is linked to running facilities which are able to analysis and prescribe specific footwear for runners utilising video analysis, gait analysis and biomechanical analysis.
At Apex Physiotherapy we offer treatment for a wide variety of complaints and injuries including:
- Neck and Back problems
- Shoulder problems
- Nerve injuries
- Joint problems
- Sporting injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Car accident injuries
- Post-injury rehabilitation
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Postural and work-related problems
All Treatments begin with a thorough assessment to identify the specific injury or injuries.
The Therapist will then discuss the findings with you to enable goals to be set. The Goals will be achieved through a variety of treatment modalities utilising the latest knowledge based research and equipment including:
- Manipulation and mobilisation
- Muscular imbalance correctional advice
- Postural realignment
- Hot/cold treatments and advice
- Electrotherapy - ultrasound, interferential therapy, short-wave diathermy and TENS
- Soft tissue techniques - deep tissue massage and sports massage
- Exercise therapy - Pilates, core stabilisation and sports-specific rehabilitation
- Lifestyle and preventative advice - ergonomic assessment, back care advice
- Podiatry including orthotic construction